Sunday, August 30, 2009

Missing..

She's gone, two or three hundred kilometers away. She should be back tomorrow. She wanted to come back today.

I didn't know how to tell her how much I missed her, especially after she wrote my essay.

I stayed awake with her all night, well not all night, just till around four. I felt so sorry for her, she was alone. Her cousin went galavanting somewhere with her boyfriend. I was tired but I couldn't put the phone down.

Eventually, she told me to go. I really didn't want to but I was falling asleep talking to her on the phone. I asked her to promise she would try and go to sleep. She said she couldn't so she stayed awake. While she was awake, she wrote my essay. It was so.. I can't think of the word but it was touching. I didn't know what to say the next time I spoke to her, I didn't know how to tell her I missed her so much. I've been thinking and I thought I'd write an essay for her too.

This past week, I've really missed you. I can't tell you how much but..

I miss the way you look out the window in school, thinking about something. Everytime I see you doing that, I look at your face wondering anxiously what you're thinking about, hoping it's me.

I miss the way you look at me when i've just entered the classroom, when i'm figuring out what your mood is. I remember a few; If you look away after a bit, that means something's wrong. If you keep eye contact, walk towards me and poke me in the stomach, it means nothing's wrong. And if you keep eye contact for a long time, all I have to do is nod, if that doesn't work, something's wrong.

I miss the way you get angry at Ben, especailly when he gives you the scared look and then after ten seconds, you feel sorry for him. I miss the way you get angry Hairol and never give in to him. It's like you're immune to him already. I really miss the way you get angry at me and say your not gonna speak to me, 20 seconds later, you would've forgotten about it or just couldn't take the pain of not being able to speak to me. Haha.

I miss the way you laugh when Muthu says something funny or Desmond beats up Ben. I miss the way you reply to Jonathan when he says your name so delicately and softly, "What?!".

Sara, I miss so much more about you, but, mainly, I really miss you. Come back soon, please.

-Nazri.

No comments:

Post a Comment